This cutting-edge reference addresses the impact nanotechnology has on the environment. From risks to benefits covered by leading professionals in the field and aimed at a multitude of skill levels and disciplines.
List of Contributors.
1. Pollution Prevention and treatment Using Nanotechnology (Bernd Nowack).
2. Photocatalytic Surfaces: Antipollution and Antimicrobial Effects (Norman S. Allen, Michele Edge, Joanne Verran, John Stratton, Julie Maltby, and Claire Bygott).
3. Nanosized Photocatalysts in Environmental Remediation (Jess P. Wilcoxon and Billie L. Abrams).
4. Pollution Treatment, Remediation and Sensing (Abhilash Sugunan and Joydeep Dutta).
5. Benefits in Energy Budget (Ian Ivar Suni).
6. An Industrial Ecology Perspective (Shannon M. Lloyd, Deanna N. Lekas, and Ketra A. Schmitt).
7. Composition, Transformation and Effects of Nanoparticles in the Atmosphere (Ulrich Pöschl).
8. Measurement and Detection of Nanoparticles Within the Environment (Thomas A.J. Kuhlbusch, Heinz Fissan, and Christof Asbach).
9. Epidemiological Studies on Particulate Air Pollution (Irene Brüske-Hohlfeld and Annette Peters).
10. Impact of Nanotechnological Developments on the Environment (Harald F. Krug and Petra Klug).
Harald Krug is Head of the Department for Materials Biology interactions of the Empa, St. Gallen.
He previously was a Professor at the Institute of Toxicology und Genetics at the research centre Karlsruhe. In his research he investigates the health and genetics at the Research Centre Karlsruhe. in his research he investigates the health and environmental risks of nanotechnology.