This report reviews the current use of plastics for packaging both by technology and market covering the world in consumption and growth terms as well as materials and process developments.
Each of the materials used in packaging is explained in terms of its properties, applications, and future end-use markets. The advantages (and disadvantages) of plastic materials in relation to metal, glass, and paper based products are itemized and future trends in processing technology relating to the needs of the packaging market are analyzed. Content includes:
- Polymers used in packaging
- Plastics and other packaging materials - a comparison
- Polymer properties important in packaging
- Market trends in the plastics packaging industry
- Processing of plastics
- New developments in plastic packaging
- Directory of plastic packaging companies.